Dr. Anant N. Nayak
Area of Specialization: Physical Chemistry, Spectroscopy, Inorganic Chemistry
Subject Handled: Biochemistry (Enzymology, Immunology, Bioorganic and Inorganic Chemistry, Clinical Biochemistry, Lipid Metabolism, Physiology and Nutrition)
Research experience: Research : 44 years Teaching: 45 years
Research:Drug resistance studies, drug metabolism studies, pharmacokinetics and structure activity of biologically active compounds, enzyme kinetics, synthesis and chemical characterization of biologically active co-ordination compounds of phenothiazine drugs
Publications: International : 16, National: 02
Paper Presented: 6
Workshop /Conference / Seminar/ FDP attended : Workshop:1, Conference:6, Seminar: 1, FDP: 1
Member of professional bodies:2
- Government of India freedom fighters scholarship (Education concession)
- U.G.C. teacher fellowship for research
- Sc. 1969 Karnataka University, Dharwar, India (Chemistry and Physics)
- Sc. 1971 Karnataka University, Dharwar, India (Chemistry)
- Ph. D 1981 University of Mysore, Mysore, India (Chemistry)
|1971- 2005||Undergraduate Level Teaching (Collegiate Education, Karnataka)|
|1974-1976||Graduate Level Teaching (P.G. Centre Shimoga)|
|1977-80||1. Teacher fellow, Department of Post-graduate Studies and Research in Chemistry, University of Mysore, Manasagnagotri, mysore – 570006, Karnataka, India
2. Coordinator for vocational subjects of U.G.C
3. Member of the Inter University Syllabus Committee of Karnataka State
|2006 – 2013||Engineering Chemistry (Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysore)|
|2013 – Present||Graduate level teaching (P.G. Centre, PBMM – Mysore)|
Drug resistance studies, drug metabolism studies, pharmacokinetics and structure activity of biologically active compounds, enzyme kinetics, synthesis and chemical characterization of biologically active co-ordination compounds of phenothiazine drugs.
Honors and awards::
|1965-71||Government of India freedom fighters scholarship (Education concession)|
|1977-80||U.G.C. teacher fellowship for research|
- Rapid spectroscopic determination of phenothiazines with molybdophosphoric acid. Anal.Chm. Acta. 1979, 108, 277 – 283
- Rapid spectroscopic determination of phenothiazines with silicotungstic acid. Anal. Chem. 1979, 298, 160
- Spectroscopic method for the determination of phenothiazines and its application to phenothiazine drugs. Analyst, 1980, 105, 663 – 668.
- Rapid spectroscopic determination of phenothiazines in pharmaceuticals with tungstophosphoric acid. “Phenothiazines and structurally related drugs, Basic and Clinical Studies” 1980, 7, 141 – 144.
- Improvement of the extraction spectrophotometric thiocyanate method for the determination of rhenium by addition of impramine.
Anal. Chem. 1981, 309, 396.
- Extractive spectrophotometric determination of N-substituted phenotheazines in pharmaceutical preparation with Alizarin red S. Annali de Chemica, 1981, 71, 721 – 727.
- Specrtophotometric determination of isoniazid. Current Science, 1981, 50, 812 – 813.
- Colourimetric determination of thiethylperazine maleate in pharmaceutical preparations using molybdophosphoric acid as reagent. Ind. J. Pharm. Sci. 1981, 43, 24 – 26.
- Titrimetric determination of phenotheazines with chloramines – T. Indian Drugs, 1982, 19, 202 – 205.
- Microdetermination of niobium (v) with imipramine hydrochloride. Acta Chem (Hungry), 1982, 111 (2).
- Determination of phenothiazine derivatives of pharmaceutical importance by extraction spectrophotometric method.
An. Quim. 1982, 78C, 86 – 88.
- Spectroscopic determination of microgram amounts of pencillins by solvent extraction with Azure – B.
- Chloramine – T as a titrant for the determination of some selected antibiotics.
Acta Pharm. Hung. 1982, 52, 102 – 107.
- Rapid spectroscopic determination of saccharin in soft drinks and pharmaceuticals using Azure – B as reagent. Analyst, 1983, 108, 966 – 970.
- Spectroscopic determination of phenathiazine derivatives. Ind. J. Pharm. Sci. 1983, 45, 126 – 128.
- Spectroscopic determination of phenathiazine in pharmaceutical praparations using vanadophosphoric acid. Ind. J.Pharm. Sci. 1983, 45, 65 – 67.
- Phosphotungstic acid as a new reagent for the spectrophotometric determination of phenothiazine. Microchem. J. 1983, 28, 586 – 591.
- Spectrophotometric determination phenothiazine drugs using vanadoboric acid. Indian Drugs, 1984, 21, 448 – 454
Presentations and Participations:
- Rapid Spectrophotometric determination phenothiazines in pharmaceuticls with tungstophosphoric acid. Proc. Fourth Intl. Symp. Phenothiazines and related Drugs, Zuric, 1979, 143.
- Phosphomolybdic acid as a new reagent for the spectrophotometric determination of trifluperazine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical products. Proc. Natl. Symp. Microchem. Tech. Mysore, 1978, 9.
- Vanadophosphoric acid as a new reagent for the spectrophotometric determination of N- substituted phenothiazines. Proc. Natl. Symp. Microchem. Tech. Mysore, 1980, 4.
- Participated in academia sensitization workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights” organized by Department of Studies in Business administration, Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana PG Centre on 17th October, 2014.
- Participated in UGC sponsored one day national seminar on “current scenario of food habits and inflammatory diseases” organized by Department of Studies in Biotechnology, Microbiology and Biochemistry, Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana PG Centre on 2nd January, 2015.
- Implications of Urea/thiourea derivatives of dipeptide linked benzisoxazole as a new class of antiglycation and urease inhibitory agents, C. S. Shantharam, D. M. Suyoga Vardhan, Ananth N. Nayak and D. Channe Gowda. UGC sponsored one day national conference on Frontier Areas in Chemical Science – 2015, 10th January 2015, Dept. of Chemistry, Bharathi College.