Dr. Chaitra T K
Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D
Area of Specialization: Inorganic Chemistry & Physical Chemistry
Research experience: Teaching : 2 years Research: 4 years
Research: Synthesis and corrosion inhibition behaviour of some new heterocyclic derivatives on mild steel in acid media
Publications: International : 04
Paper Presented: 04
Workshop /Conference / Seminar/ FDP attended (Give Numbers) : Workshop:2, Conference:4, Seminar:4, FDP:02
Achievements : Received meritorious (RFSMS) fellowship from UGC for research work ((ORDER NO. MGC/003/2015-16 dated 04/08/2015)
- Sc. 2009 Tumkur University, Tumkur
- Sc. 2011 University of Mysore, Mysore, India (Chemistry)
- Ph. D 2017 University of Mysore, Mysore, India (Chemistry)
- One year: PG department of Chemistry, Sarada Vilas College, Mysuru (2016-2017).
- One semester: DOS in Organic Chemistry, Manasagangotri, UOM, Mysuru (2015-2016).
Honors and awards:
- Received meritorious (RFSMS) fellowship from UGC for research work ((ORDER NO. MGC/003/2015-16 dated 04/08/2015)
- Chaitra T.K., Mohana K.N., Tandon H.C., Thermodynamic, electrochemical and quantum chemical evaluation of some triazole Schiff bases as mild steel corrosion inhibitors in acid media. J. Mol. Liq. 211, 1026-1038, 2015.
- Chaitra T.K., Mohana K.N., Tandon H.C., Study of new thiazole based pyridine derivatives as potential corrosion inhibitors for mild steel: Theoretical and experimental approach. Int. J. Corros., Article ID 456901. doi.org/10.1155/2016/9532809, 2016.
- Chaitra T.K., Mohana K.N., Tandon H.C., Comparative study of Levofloxacin and its amide derivative as efficient water soluble inhibitors for mild steel corrosion in hydrochloric acid solution. Int. J. Ind. Chem. 8, 1-15, 2017
- Chaitra T.K., Mohana K.N., Gurudatt D.M., Tandon H.C., Inhibition activity of new thiazole hydrazones towards mild steel corrosion in acid media by thermodynamic, electrochemical and quantum chemical methods. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng. 67, 521-531, 2016.
Presentations and Participations:
- Presented a paper (oral) entitled “Thermodynamic, electrochemical and quantum chemical evaluation of some triazole Schiff bases as mild steel corrosion inhibitors in acid media” on 30-01-2014 in National Conference on Pure and Applied Chemistry in DOS in Chemistry, Manasagangothri, University of Mysore, Mysuru.
- Presented a paper (oral) entitled “Study of New Thiazole Based Pyridine Derivatives as Potential Corrosion Inhibitors for Mild Steel: Theoretical and Experimental Approach” in “Current trends in Chemical biology” a conference conducted by JSS college of arts, commerce and science on 2nd and 3rd March 2015.
- Presented a paper (poster) entitled “Anticorrosion potential of some drug based inhibitors for mild steel in hydrochloric acid media” in Indian Science Congress conference between 03/01/2016 and 07/01/2016 at UOM, Mysuru.
- Presented a paper (poster) entitled “Evaluation of newly synthesised hydrazones as mild steel corrosion inhibitors by adsorption, electrochemical, quantum chemical and morphological studies” in International Conference on Science And Technology : Future Chellenges and Solutions (STFCS – 2016) on 08/08/2017 and 09/08/2017 in UOM, Mysuru.
- Attended one day national seminar on Chemistry and Chemical biology on 26-05-2015 in Manasagangothri, UOM, Mysuru.
- Attended national conference on “Recent trends in Chemical Research in SJCE, Mysuru on 3rd and 4th of January 2014.
- Attended UGC sponsored two days national conference on “Recent trends in Chemical Biology: An overview” on 25th and 26th of October 2013 at Teresian college.
- Attended seminar on “Recent innovations in Bio-inorganic and medicinal chemistry” on 28-01-2015 in NIE, Mysuru.
- Attended “Science and Technology for education and health care”, a conference conducted by KSTA and JSS college, Ooty Road, Mysuru on 21/02/2014 and 22/01/2014.
- Participated in technical workshop on Exploring SciFinder on 04/01/2014 at UOM, Mysuru.