Dr. R. Harish
Area of Specialization: Therapeutic value of phytochemicals & Bioremediation
Subject Handled: Bacteriology, Genetic Engineering, Immunology and Environmental Microbiology
Research experience: 18 years
Publications: International : 8 National:11
Workshop /Conference / Seminar/ FDP attended (Give Numbers) : Workshop:3, Conference:15, Seminar: 10, FDP:1
- Awarded first prize for the poster entitled “Isolation of bioactive molecules from the roots of Decalepis hamiltonii Presented at International Food Convention (IFCON) held at CFTRI, Mysore INDIA 5-8 Dec 2003.
- Awarded B.S. Narasinga Rao best poster award for “Hepatoprotective action of the roots of Decalepis hamiltonii”. Presented at 73rd Annual meeting of Society of Biological Chemist (INDIA), 21-24 Nov 2004, Pantnagar, Uttaranchal, India
Principal investigator for two research projects
- UGC funded minor research project on “ Bioremediation of organochlorine pesticide (endosulfan) from coffee plantation soil. Grant approved 1.75 lakhs
- Vision group of Science and Technology (VGST) funded project on “Isolation and Characterization of Bioremediating Microorganisms” Grant approved 30 lakhs
- Harish.R and Jyoti Bala Chauhan (2016). Antioxidant and Cytoprotective Action of Aqueous Extract of Citrus Sinensis Fruit Peel against Endosulfan Induced Damage on Saccharomyces Cerevisiae. Int J. Pharm. Res. Health Sci. 4(1):954-960
- Harish.R, Pooja.v and Jyoti Bala Chauhan (2015). Anti radical activity and cytoprotective effect of Sauropaus Androgynous against oxidative damage induced by CCl4 in yeast cells. J. Nat. Prod. Plant Resour. 5 (1):31-37.
- Harish.R and Jyoti Bala Chauhan (2014). In vitro antioxidant activity and total phenolic of Brassica oleracea var. gemmifera(Brussel sprouts). J. Nat. Prod. Plant Resour., 2014, 4 (1):57-63.
- Harish.R, Supreeth. M and Jyoti Bala Chauhan (2013). Biodegradation of Organophosphate pesticide by soil fungi, Advanced Biotech, 12,(9), 4-9.
- R.Harish and T.Shivanandappa. 2006. Antioxidant and hepatoprotective potential of phyllanthus niruri. Food Chemistry, 95(2): 180-185.
- R.Harish, S.Divakar, Anup Srivastava and T.Shivanandappa. 2005. Isolation of antioxidant compounds from the methanolic extract of the roots of Decalepis hamiltonii. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 53(20) 7709-7714.
- A. Srivastava, R. Harish, and T. Shivanandappa. 2006. Novel antioxidant compounds from the aqueous extract of the roots of Decalepis hamiltonii (Wight & Arn) and their inhibitory effect on low density lipo protein oxidation. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 54, 790-795.
- A. Srivastava, Shereen, R.Harish and T.Shivanandappa. 2006. Antioxidant activity of the roots of Decalepis hamiltonii (Wight & Arn). LWT/ Food Science and Technology, 39 (10) 1059-1065.
- Abdul Mueed Bidchol, A. Wilfred & P. Abhijna & R. Harish (2011) Free Radical Scavenging Activity of Aqueous and Ethanolic Extract of Brassica oleracea L. var. italica. Food Bioprocess Technol. 4,(7), 1137-1143.
- Wilfred, A, Akshatha, A, R Harish, & Jyothi Bala Chauhan. (2009). Antioxidant potential of aqueous and ethanolic extracts of Brassica oleracea var. capitata ICFAI Journal of Biotechnology.1,1-3
- Harish, R and Santa Ram (2010). Antioxidant properties of citrus paradisi. IUP, Journal of Biotechnology.4(2) 1-10.
- Harish.R and Shivanandappa (2010). Hepatoprotective potential of Decalepis hamiltonii (Wight & Arn) against carbon tetrachloride – induced hepatic damage in rats, J. Pharm. Bio.Alli Sci. 2 (4) 341-345.
- Harish.R and Jyoti Bala Chauhan (2012). “Bioremediation of Organochlorine Pesticide-Endosulfan by a soil bacteria” Advanced biotech. Vol. 11(10), 10-13.
- Harish.R and Jyoti Bala Chauhan (2017). Isolation, Characterization of Protease Producing Microbes from Soil of Agriculture Land and Purifcation of Protease. Int J Pharma Res Health Sci. 2017; 5 (1): 1581-1585
- Harish.R and Jyoti Bala Chauhan (2018) Inhibition of Oxidative Stress Induced Free RadicalsDamage and Cytoprotective Potential on Saccharomyces cerevisiae by Aqueous Extract of Apium graveolens (Celery), Int J Pharma Res Health Sci. 6 (1): 2234-38.
- Harish.R and Jyoti Bala Chauhan (2018) Oxidative stress induced radical scavenging, antimicrobial and cytoprotective potential on Saccharomyces cerevisiae by ethanolic extract of Melia dubia fruit pulp, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 7(3): 1571-1575.
- Harish.R and Jyoti Bala Chauhan (2019) Antioxidant, antimicrobial and cytoprotective action of ethanolic extract of Glycyrrhiza glabra root against ccl4 induced damage on Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 8(3): 247-253