Dr. Raghavendra Hegdekatte
Qualification: MSc. Biochemistry, PhD. Biochemistry, CSIR
Area of Specialization: Eicosanoid metabolism in inflammation and Enzyme kinetics.
Subject Handled: Metabolism, Biomolecules, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Gene Technology….
Research experience: Research: 17 Years Teaching: 10 years, Industry: 2 Years
Publications: International: 14
Paper Presented: 6
Workshop /Conference / Seminar/ FDP attended : Workshop:2, Conference:14, Seminar: 4, FDP:1
As an organizing secretary for One day National Seminar on “Current scenario Food habits and inflammatory diseases” organized by DOS in life sciences, PBMMPGC held on January 2nd 2015.
Member of professional bodies: Life Time Member for the Society of Biological Chemist
- Board of Studies, Chairman for Biochemistry programme
- Board of Studies, Yuvaraja’s College, Mysuru
- Board of Examination, DOS in Biochemistry, University of Mysore, Mysuru
- Board of Examination, DOS in Molecular Biology, University of Mysore, Mysuru
- Board of Examination, JSS University, Mysuru
- Board of Examination, Yuvaraja’s College, Mysuru
- Board of Examination, Dayananda Sagar University, Bangaluru
- Guided 35 MSc student for their project
- Invited Talks:07
Honors and Awards:
- CSIR SRF for the research work
- DST travel grant
- Satyaprasad, R. Raghavendra, B. R. Lokesh and K A Naidu. Spice Phenolics as the inhibitor of 5- lipoxygense activity in Human PMNLs. Journal of Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids (2004) 70:521-528.
- Raghavendra R H, Diwakar B T, Lokesh B R and Naidu K A. Spice Active Principle eugenol and capsaicin inhibits 5-lipoxygenase and LTC4 in human PMNLs. Journal of Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids (2006) 74:23-27.
- Raghavendra R H and K A Naidu. Spice principles as the inhibitors of human platelet aggregation and thromboxane biosynthesis. Journal of Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids (2009) 81:73-78.
- Raghavendra R H and Akhilendra Naidu. Eugenol and n-3 rich garden cress seed oil as modulators of platelet aggregation and eicosanoids in wistar albino rats. Open Neutraceuticals Journal (2011) 4 : 144-150.
- Handuvinahalli Devanna Gurupadaswamy, Virupaksha Girish, Farhan Zameer, Raghavendra Hegdekatte, Jyoti Bala Chauhan, Shaukath Ara Khanum. Synthesis of Pyrimidones and Evaluation of Their Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitory and Antioxidant Activities. Archiv der Pharmazie (2013) 346(11): 805-811.
- A Bushra Begum, Muneera Begum, V Lakshmi Ranganatha, T Prashanth, Farhan Zameer, Raghavendra Hegdekatte, Shaukath Ara Khanum. Synthesis, Antioxidant, and Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitory Activities of 5‐[4‐[2‐(5‐Ethyl‐2‐pyridinyl) ethoxy] phenyl] methyl]‐2, 4‐thiazolidinedione Derivatives. Archiv der Pharmazie (2014) 347 (4) 247-255.
- V Lakshmi Ranganatha, A Bushra Begum, P Naveen, Farhan Zameer, Raghavendra Hegdekatte, Shaukath Ara Khanum . Synthesis, xanthine oxidase inhibition, and antioxidant screening of benzophenone tagged thiazolidinone analogs. Archiv der Pharmazie (2014). 347 (8) 589-598.
- Madhusudan M., Farhan Zameer, Akhilender Naidu, Nagendra Prasad M. N., Bhadrapura Lakkappa Dhananjaya & Raghavendra Hegdekatte. Evaluating the inhibitory potential of Withania somnifera on platelet aggregation and inflammation enzymes: An in vitro and in silico study. Pharmaceutical Biology (2015) 1-7.
- Beulah KC, Aishwarya T Devi, Waseem K, Hegdekatte R, Nagendra Prasad MN, Dhananjaya BL, Farhan Zameer. Phyto-antiquorumones: an herbal approach for blocking bacterial trafficking and pathogenesis. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (2015) 7(1) 29-34.
- Beulah KC, Aishwarya T Devi, Waseem K, Hegdekatte R, Nagendra Prasad MN, Dhananjaya BL, Farhan Zameer. Screening for bioactives from Indian medicinal herbs–a simplistic approach for antioxidant metabolites. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (2017) 7(1) 195-198.
- Raghavendra Rama Hegdekatte, Jyoti Bala Chauhan and Chetan Urs. Comparative Biological Studies on the Three Toothpaste Samples Available in the Market. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (2019) 6(5) 268-275.