Mrs. Smitha Grace
Qualification:M.Sc ., M.Phil., (Ph.D)
Area of Specialization: Phytochemistry , Enzyme Kinetics & Neutrigenomics
Subject Handled: Biophysics & Structural Biology , Advanced Molecular Biology ,Immunotechnology, Cell Signalling & Communication , Animal Cell culture .
Research experience: Research and Teaching: 12 years
Publications: International : 6 National: 01
Paper Presented: 12
Workshop /Conference / Seminar/ FDP attended : Workshop:4, Conference:10, Seminar: 5 , FDP:5
- Member of curriculum committee & lesson writing : For JSS KARNATAKA OPEN SCHOOL in collaboration with COMMON WEALTH EDUCATIONAL MEDIA CENTRE FOR ASIA (CEMCA) NEW DELHI on the module entitled” GERIATRIC CARE ASSISTANCE” –
- Guided 20 MSc students for their project.
- Registered for the award of doctorate.
Honors and Awards:
As Principal Investigator for UGC Sponsored Minor Project on “Alpha-amylase inhibitory activities of Persea Americana
- Book Chapter written:
S.R. Smitha Grace, Girish Chandran, and Jyoti Bala Chauhan, Terpenoids: An Activator of “Fuel-Sensing Enzyme AMPK” with Special Emphasis on Antidiabetic Activity, © Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019 227 M. Ozturk, K. R. Hakeem (eds.), Plant and Human Health, Volume 2, 227-244.
- Book Chapter co-authored:
Girish Chandran, S. R. Smitha Grace, and Jyoti Bala Chauhan, Fern to Pharma: Potential Neuroameliorative Properties of Pteridophytes, © Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019 M. Ozturk, K. R. Hakeem (eds.), Plant and Human Health, Volume 3, 195- 205.
- Smitha Grace S.R, Nagashree A R , Amruthavarshini , Chaithra Ratnakar, and Jyoti Bala Chauhan, Phytochemical screening and Antioxidant analysis of flavonoids from flowers of Duranta repens, 2019 JETIR May 2019, Volume 6, Issue 5, 469-473.
- Smitha Grace S.R, Girish Chandran & Jyoti Bala Chauhan, Anti-hyperlipidemic activity of Persea americana peel extracts against high fat diet in rats 2018 IJCRT |Volume 6, Issue 2 April 2018,1484-1488
- Smitha Grace S.R, Jyoti Bala Chauhan and Hemanth Kumar. K , In Vitro Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Arthritic Activity in Methanolic Peel Extracts Of Persea Americana , wjpls, 2017, Vol. 3, Issue 4, 195-199.
- Jaykant Yadav, Jyoti Bala Chauhan,Smitha Grace, S.R ,Vinay (2010) Effect of Monosodium glutamate on alpha amylase activity. Biochemistry, an Indian Journal. Volume 4 (2).
- Wethroe Kapfo, R. Smitha Grace, Dr. Jyoti Bala Chauhan and Jaykant Yadav, effect of non-aqueons solvent on structural stability of “α-Amylase : A cost effective prospective for protein stabalizations”, Process Biochemistry, May 2013.
- preliminary phytochemical investigation and tlc analysis of peel and seed extracts of persea americana Smitha Grace S. R*, Jyoti Bala Chauhan and Chaithra Ratnakar Jain Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science & Technology Vol 5,Issue 3, 2015.167-171
- Smitha Grace S. R*, Jyoti Bala Chauhan and Chaithra Ratnakar Jain (2015) Preliminary phytochemical investigation and TLC analysis of peel and seed extracts of Persea americana ,Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Vol 5|Issue 3| 2015|167-171.
- Smitha Grace S. R*, Jyoti Bala Chauhan and Chaithra Ratnakar Jain (2016), In Vitro Alpha Amylase Inhibitory Effect And Antioxidant Activity By Peel And Seed Extracts of Persea Americana , World journal of pharmaceutical and Life science Vol. 2, Issue 3, 261-269.