Dr. Bhavani M
Qualification: M.Com, M.Phil. Phd.
Area of Specialization: Financial Services and Management and Human Resource Management
Work Experience: Teaching- 15 Years
Research experience: Teaching :15 years Research: 10 years
Subject Teaching: Accounting Theory, Management Accounting, Financial Markets Regulation, Capital Market Instrument, Retail Banking, International Bussiness
Workshop /Conference / Seminar/ FDP attended : Workshop:13, Conference:2, Seminar:12, FDP:10
UGC Minor Research Project on “A study on Problems and Challenges of Women entrepreneurs in Mysore District” – (Completed)
- Goods and Service Tax with Customs Duty, Kalyani Publisher, New Delhi, 2018, ISBN 978-93-272-9733-1
- Goods and Service Tax with Customs Duty, Kalyani Publisher, New Delhi, edited version published in 2019, ISBN 978-93-272-9733-1.
- Crisis in the Indian Banking Sector – Issues and Concerns – Edited Book , ISBN: 978-81-931150-6-0
Publication of Research Paper:
- Bhavani M (2013), “Perception of role conflict among working women in Southern Karnataka region” International Research Journal of Commerce, Business and Social Sciences . ISSN: 2277-9310, Vol. I Issue 12 (III), March 2013.
- Bhavani M (2014) “A study on evolution and performance of Indian special economic zones” International Journal of Developments in Trade, Commerce and Business. ISSN No. 2348-1633 Volume. I Issue 4.
- Bhavani M and Jegadeeshwaran M (2014) “Job Satisfaction and Quality of Work Life – A case study of women teachers in higher education” Peer reviewed SDM-IMD Journal of Management, ISSN (print) 0976 – 0652, ISSN (Online) 2320-7906, Volume 6, Issue 2, pp 1-13.
- Mohanakrishnan Raman, Balakrishnana Ramasamy and Bhavani Mohanakrishnan (2014) “ The Caste System in India: Its Power in Organizations and Politics” Peer reviewed European Journal of Challenging Organizations and Society – reflective hybrids, ISSN – 2225-1774, Volume 3, Issue 2. pp-600-618.
- Bhavani and Srinivas (2015) A study on perception of quality of work Life: an empirical evidence from a manufacturing unit” Asia pacific Journal of Research A peer reviewed International Journal, ISSN 2347 – 4793, Vol: 1 Issue XXXII Impact Factor:6.58.
- Bhavani M (2016) A study on Impact of IFRS 16 Lease’ National level conference proceeding with ISBN 978-93-5254-333-5, PP1-7.
- Bhavani M (2016) “Change Management and Organization Development” Knowledge Economy Network, Brussels Weekly Brief No. 32 – 2 December 2016.
- Bhavani M (2017) “Women Entrepreneurship in India – Institutional support for the development of Women Entrepreneurship” Asia Pacific Journal of Research, Peer reviewed International Journal, ISSN 2320- 5504 March 2017.
- Bhavani M (2018) A Study on Influence of motivational factors on Women Entrepreneurs at Mysore District” International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts ISSN: 2320-2882 Impact Factor: 5.97 (UGC Approved Journal Reference No. 49023).
- Bhavani M ( 2018) A Study on Financial Literacy among the members of self help group in Mysore city” International journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, ISSN 2349-5162, UGC approval No.63975.
- Bhavani and Ajay (2019)” Green Banking Practices in the public sector banks in India” ISBN 978-81-940092-2-1, conference proceeding.
- Bhavani M (2020)” A Study on Problems of Women Entrepreneurs at Mysore District India” UGC Care Our Heritage Journal January 2020, ISSN:0474-9030
Presentation of Research Paper:
- Presented a paper on UGC Sponsored National level Seminar on CRM as a strategy to differentiate – with special reference to personal banking branch of State Bank of India on 28th – 29th September 2010 held at JSS College for Women, Mysore.
- Presented paper on National Level seminar on work life balance of women employees in ITES sector in relation to job satisfaction and burnout conducted by All India Commerce Association at Pondicherry University on 13th – 15th December.
- Presented Paper on International conference on “Perception of role conflict among working women in Southern Karnataka region” held on 23-24th March 2013 at Deogiri Institute of Engineering and Management studies, Aurangabad.
- Presented paper on International conference held in Pune On 15th May 2014 on “A study on evolution and performance of Indian special economic zones”.
- Presented paper in the UGC sponsored Two-
Day National Conference on “Empowering Employability in higher Education through skills, Competencies and Entrepreneurship held on 20th and 21st October 2015, at Teresian College Mysore. Presented a paper on A study on the role of RUDSET institute in creating entrepreneurs.
- Presented paper on “Impact of IFRS 16 Lease’ on UGC sponsored National level seminar on “IND-AS: A Road map for IFRS in India” held at Vidyavardhaka First Grade College, Mysore on 18th and 19th of March 2016.
- Presented paper on “Gender Role, Role Boundaries and OD Design” during IODA International conference held between 24th August – 27th August 2016 at Mysore.
- Paper presented on “Sustainability Driven Entrepreneurship” in the international conference organized by International Organization Development Association (IODA) – 2017 held at Cape Town, South Africa between 5th to 8th September 2017
- Paper presented on A green Banking Practices in the public sector banks in India, in the National level seminar on “Green Finance for sustainable development, Challenges and opportunities” conducted by Vidyavardhaka First Grade College, Mysore on 9th February 2019.
- Co-Authored a paper and presented in three -day 12th National Women Science Congress Conference “ A Study on Role of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSMEs) in the Growth of Indian Economy ”held during 7th to 9th November 2019, SBRR Mahajana First grade college, Post Graduate Wing, PBMMEC, Mysore
- Co-Authored a paper and presented in three -day 12th National Women Science Congress Conference “ A Study on Revolution of Digital Payment in India ”held during 7th to 9th November 2019, SBRR Mahajana First grade college, Post Graduate Wing, PBMMEC, Mysore.
- Presented a paper on An Online International Conference on “Business and Education in the New Global Realities” on 22nd December 2020 on “Problems Faced by Start-Up Entrepreneurs In Mysore Region” organized by School of Commerce, JAIN (Deemed-to-be University), Bengaluru.
Serving in various Institutions:
- Member of the Board of Examiners for adjudicating the Ph.D. thesis in Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.
- Chairman – BoS, PG Department of Commerce, Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana Education Centre, Mysore.
- Chairperson – Board of Examination, PG Department of Commerce, SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.
- BoS Member of UG Department of Commerce, SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.
- BoS Member of Specialised Programme of University of Mysore M.Com ( Business Information Systems)
- BoE Member of PG Department of Studies in Commerce, University of Mysore, Mysore.
- BoE Member of PG Department of Studies in Commerce St.Philominas (Autonomous) College, Mysore.
- BoE Member of PG Department of Studies in Commerce JSS College (Autonomous), Ooty Road, Mysore.
- BoE member of PG Department of Studies in Commerce JSS College for Women (Autonomous), Mysore.
- Board of Examiner – member of PES University Bangalore.
- Board of Examiner – member of Bharathi College, Mandya.
- Resource person to conduct training programme on Accounting as part of EDP conducted at RUDSET Mysore division.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Member of International Organizational Development Association (IODA)
- Life Member of Indian Council for Business Education. India.
Organizing Conferences / Seminar:
- Chief Convener of National Women’s Science Congress held on 7th – 9th November 2019 at Mahajana PG Centre, Mysore.
- Organizing secretary of National level seminar on Crisis in the Indian Banking Sector –Issues and Concern on 28th September 2018 , at Mahajana PG Centre, Mysuru.
- Organizing member of IODA 2016 International conference “Future Forward – OD in the Changing Global Landscape – a Dialogue Among OD stake holders” held at Mysore between 24th – 27th August 2016 at Mysore.
- Organizing Secretary of UGC Sponsored State Level Seminar on “Changing Structure in Indian Commerce” held at Pooja Bhagavat Mahajana Education Centre Mysore on 19th September 2014.
- Organizing member of National Level UGC sponsored Seminar held at JSS College for Women, Saraswathipuram, and Mysore on “CRM in Banking Industry” on 28th – 29th September 2010.
Other Academic activity:
- Contributed as a Subject Expert/Resource person for Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) project of CEC-UGC through the Educational Multimedia Research Centre, University of Mysore, Mysuru on the indigenous platform of learning named SWAYAM(Study Web of Active Learning by Young and Aspiring Minds) under the Guidance of MHRD.
- Invited to Co-Chair the session on “Banking Finance and Insurance Sectors: Issues and Challenges” a national level Conference organized by Vidya Vardhaka First Grade College Mysuru on February 14th 2020.
- Invited to be Chairperson for the paper presentation session on “Current Trends in E-Governance” on CEG sponsored two Day national level conference held on 15th February 2020 at Government College(Autonomous) Mandya.
- Invited as Rapporteur in the Two Day State level Conference on “Heritage and Health Tourism in Karnataka” in the technical session on 14th February 2019 conducted by Vidyavardhaka First Grade College, Mysore.
- Invited as a Rapporteur in the One Day National seminar on the Theme “Entrepreneurial Development In India: Issues And Challenges” held at Vidyavardhaka First Grade College, Mysore scheduled on 24th March 2018.
- Invited as a Chair person in the Technical Session “GST- Structure. Resource allocation between State and Central Govt.” a state level workshop on GST structure process and impact conducted on 25th march 2017 by St Joseph’s First Grade College, Mysore