District Innovation Hub
at SBRR Mahajana First Grade College(Autonomous)
Affiliated to University of Mysore
Re-Accredited by NAAC with 'A' grade, College with Potential for Excellence
Pooja Bhagavath Memorial Mahajana Education center
SBRR Mahajana First Grade College
Near Temple Road, 1st Cross,
VV Mohalla, Jayalakshmipuram, Mysuru
Location of Incubation Center:
Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana Education Center
Metagalli KRS Road Mysuru -
The Karnataka Innovation and Technology Society (KITS) earlier (KBITS) was established under the Department of IT, BT, S & T, Government of Karnataka with a mission to implement all the Skill Development Programs in IT, BT & nurture Entrepreneurship and Technology across Karnataka. It creates an ecosystem to promote startups by Innovation & Technology through Skilling, re-skilling & up-skilling. KITS has close and direct connection with Industry, Academia and R&D Institutes on various matters of interest, new technologies & also collaborations with other cities/ countries. KITS is committed to Innovation & Technology through its various policies in focused business domains.
About New Age Innovation Network (NAIN)/ District Innovation Hub (DIH
NAIN (now renamed as DIH) is a Skill Development Program launched under the startup policy 2015-20 by the KITS, Government of Karnataka motivating the graduate students to convert their ideas into prototypes and build their careers in entrepreneurship in Tier 2 and 3 cities in the state.
The DIH was established in 2017-18 at the SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysuru, which focuses on creating an ecosystem to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the students who are pursuing their degrees in the college.
The students studying in different disciplines in the college are motivated by mentoring, developing & project funding so as to set up their own startups or self employment.
The Government of Karnataka will provide the funding to the approved projects up to a maximum of Rs.3,00,000/- (Three Lakhs Rupees Only) per project under the NAIN-Student Project Funding scheme.
Government Officials in NAIN TEAM
- Ms. Meena Nagaraj IAS, Managing Director, KITS, Bengaluru
- Mr. Praveen K.N, KAS, General Manager, KITS, Bengaluru
- Ms. Champa E, General Manager – 3, KITS, Bengaluru
- Dr. Sandhya R Anvekar, Programme Head – Skilling, KITS, Bengaluru
- Ms. Inchara Shivkumar, Administrator – KITS, Bengaluru
NAIN Host Institute TEAM
- Dr. B. R Jayakumari, Principal
- Dr. C. K. Renukarya, Director, PG Centre and the Chairman – Institute Level Innovation Council (ILIC), District Innovation Hub
- Mr. Samuel Paul Suchan, District Innovation Associate and Overall in-charge of DIH activities
- Mr. Roopesh Kumar N, College Coordinator
- Mr. Anand Rao B Accounts In-charge for DIH
- Ideathon 2K18 conducted in March 2018
- Entrepreneurship Bytes in August 2018
- Ideathon 2K19 conducted in March 2019
- Bootcamp 2K19 conducted in August 2019
- Start-up India workshops which was conducted in December 2019
- Two Motivational workshops in March 2020
Participation in Events organized by the KITS, Bengaluru
- Bangalore Tech Summit 2018
- Bangalore Tech Summit 2019
- Coffee meet up and startup CFTRI
- Elevate 2020
- Webinar on Post Covid India: A positive shift in June 2020
- Webinar on Israel a cyber security power house in August 2020
Total projects approved by the Government of Karnataka for funding is 11 out of 15 projects sent in the year 2018-19.
Total 15 projects uploaded for approval by the Government of Karnataka for funding for the year 2019-20.