Dr. Latha M.T
Qualification: MA, M.Phil, Ph.D.
Additional Qualification: NET with JRF
Area of Specialization: Econometrics and Macroeconomics
Research experience: Teaching: 8 years Research: 5 years
Publications: International : 4, National : 3
Paper Presented: 8
Workshop /Conference / Seminar/ FDP attended : Workshop:13, Conference:11, Seminar:10, FDP: 2
Member of professional bodies: Life Time Member of Indian Economic Association
Life Time Member of Karnataka Economic Association
Have UGC Sponsored Fellowship UGC-NET Junior Research
Fellowship since 15/06/2012 to 14/06/2017
Other details: Have basic Computer Knowledge about MS-Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), Statistical Packages like SPSS, Stata, and data extracting from NSSO data and also have little knowledge about Gretl
- “Gender disparities in Higher Education Enrollment in India-an overview”, co authored by Dr.ShivanandNari, Published in the book edited by P T Dinesh and Ramesh, UOM with ISBN number 978-93-5128-050-7,2013.
- “Food Security in the context of liberalization in India a Macro Analysis”, co-authored by Dr.ShivanandNari, Published in EIJMMS, vol.3 (11), November (2013), ISSN 22498834.
- “ Food and Nutrition Security in India- an Interzonal analysis” co-authored by Dr.ShivanandNari, Published in international journal of Advanced Research in Management and Social Sciences, Vol. 3, No.2, February 2014, ISSN: 2278-6236.
- “Health and Nutrition Status women and Children in India”, co-authored by Dr. ShivanandNari, Published in IJSSIR, vol. 3(3), March (2014) ISSN: 2277-3630.
- Paper published by 40th Social Science Congress Paper titled “Health Expenditure and Health Outcome International comparisons with India”.
- Paper published ‘Time series analysis of Inflation and RBI Policy Rates’ in JETIR Oct-2018 Vol-5, Issue No-10. ISSN: 2349 -5162
- National conferences on “Inclusive Higher Education and Marginalized sections: Dynamics and discourses” organized by Center for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy Manasagangothri Mysore from August 1st and 2nd 2013
Paper Title: Gender Disparities in higher education Enrolment in India an overview
- 10th Annual Conferences on 3rd and 4th August 2013, organized by Karnataka Economic Association ® Allamaprabhu Research Center, Sri Murughamath, ChitraDurga.
Paper Title “Food security in the context of liberalization in India a Macro Analysis”
- National Conferences on “Inclusive Development of Marginalized groups in contemporary India: Issues and challenges held on September 27th and 28th
Paper Title: “Inclusive Growth and Food security in India”
- National Level Seminar on “Health economics and Health insurance schemes in India” organized by Government Arts College, Hassan held on 8th and 9th November 2013. Paper Title: Health and Nutrition Status of Women and Children in India”.
- International level seminar on “Emerging Challenges and Prospects of Indian Economy” organized by Goa Economic Association in Association with Indian Economic Association and Department of Economics, Goa University during 11th and 12th November 2013. Paper Title: “Food and Nutritional Security in India- an Interzonal analysis”
- 96th Annual conference of Indian Economic Association held on 27th to 29th 2013 at Meenakshi University Chennai.
Paper Title: “Agricultural Growth and working condition of Rural labour” an Indian Experience”.
- 40th Social Science Congress held In University of Mysore on “People Life and people Health” held on 19th -23th December 2016. Paper titled : Public Expenditure on Health outcomes an international comparisons with India”
- Paper presented titled ‘Time series analysis of Inflation and RBI Policy Rates’ on one day national conference on ‘Crisis in the Indian Banking Sector: Issues and Concerns’ on 28 Sept-2018
Participation in Workshops and trainings:
- Orientation Programme on teaching skills for PU teachers organized by KLE Society’s S.Nijalingappa College. Banglore. From 23/05/2011 to 3/6/2011.
- Research Methodology course for research Scholar and College/University/teachers” Sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research. New Delhi organized by Department of Economics and Co-operation from 26th -30th March 2012. This Workshop involved 30 hours classes.
- Indian Econometric Society Sponsored Six Day National Level Workshop on Applied Econometrics in Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Bellary. on 18th to 23th of November 2013.
- Centre for Proficiency development and placement Services (CPDPS) Sponsored 2-Days Research Methodology Workshop organized from 16th– 17th December 2013.
- Workshop on Literature Review organized by Mysore University Library, University of Mysore on 19th December 2013.
- Workshop on Census Data Dissemination Organized By Mysore University and the Directorate of Census Operation, Karnataka on 23rd January 2014.
- UGC Sponsored one day National Level Workshop on “Applications of SPSS in Research Data Analysis” held on 4th March 2014, organized by the research cell, SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Jayalakshmipuram, Mysore.
- UGC Sponsored National Level One Week Workshop on “Time Series Econometrics” Held on March 17th to 22nd in 2014 in association with CSES, Kochi.
- One Week National Level Workshop cum Conferences on “Time Series Econometrics” held on 15th to 21st July 2015 by Dept. of Economics and Co-operation ManasagangothriMysuru.
- Training Programme on Towards Generating Quality Employment: Challenges and Options held during August 16 to 19, 2016 organized by the V. Giri National Labour Institute, Noida.
- GIAN ( Global Innovative Academic Network) Course organized by Ministry of Human Resource Development Govt. of India collaboration with University of Mysore on “Design for Development” heldin University of Mysore from 26th December to 31st of December 2016.
- Course on Quantitative Methods in Labour Research held during February 13-24, 2017 organized by the V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, Noida, UP.